We work with many investors including large private equity players, hedge funds, venture capital firms, who seek insights into new technologies, new healthcare business models, and the impact of healthcare reform. We have relationships with analysts providing quarterly or annual insights into major healthcare retailers, technology players and providers.
Recent projects include:
- Conducted due diligence and market assessment for an organic/natural consumer brand for a private equity firm and their client
- For the California HealthCare Foundation: Provided due diligence services for investments; assessed several markets including wound care, OB/GYN imaging, adherence programs, online mental health platforms, surgical imaging, hearing aid/amplification market, among others (ongoing project)
- VC Portfolio Expansion into Consumer Healthcare: Advised VC fund on expanding into consumer-driven healthcare investments. Provided framework for identifying most promising sub-sectors. Advised on specific investments.
- Analyst Advisory Services: Provide quarterly briefings on the consumer-driven healthcare space for analysts on companies conducting business in this space including chain drug, grocery, payers, and hospital and specialty Providers.
- Provide due diligence for larger investors/funds: Assessed medical device market potential, financing requirements, marketing forecasts, exit options, valuations, fit with portfolio and management expertise. VCs include Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Kleiner Perkins, Ascension Ventures, Stone Canyon Ventures, Maveron, Pacific Coast Ventures and others.
- Working with CHCF.org to create a social investment fund; developing investment criteria, sourcing new companies, providing due diligence.
- Member of the King Fish Group, GLG Health Care Council, Guidepoint Global Advisers, Nuuko and Expert Network groups, providing targeted advice and consulting services on demand.
- Worked with The Advisory Board Company to create new product line to service medical device companies, helping them diversify their customer and revenue base.
- Educated incoming class of investment bankers on the US healthcare system through a tailored in-house education program.
- Educated senior executive of a large UK retailer on the US healthcare system to identify new market opportunities.